Date: 6/29/18 3:03 pm
From: 'Chris Yaun' via NHBirds <nhbirds...>
Subject: [NHBirds] Bird behavior question.
A friend is photographing a green heron on nest. When she approaches both adults fly away and lite nearby.
She writes, "These don't seem bothered at all and never go far. They just fly from the nest to the power lines and back. Yesterday one walked right up to me."
Does this behavior indicate the bird is trying to distract an intruder? Or is the behavior benign?
Chrs

"In our century it was the fashion not to ask unanswerable questions. That was left to priests and poets. Then a bacterium grew green pigment. This was the essential miracle. It somehow unmated carbon dioxide to eat the carbon and turn it Into sugar and spit out, hiss out the molecules of oxygen the child on her way to school is breathing, and so bred life."
- The State of the Planet
- Robert Hass