Date: 6/29/18 2:43 pm
From: chasingthewildoutdoors <chasingthewildoutdoors...> [MOB-Montana] <MOB-Montana...>
Subject: Re: [MOB-Montana] Dickcissels in Stillwater County
I will be out looking for them this upcoming week 7/2-5!
Cole

-------- Original message --------From: "<calidris...> [MOB-Montana]" <MOB-Montana...> Date: 6/24/18 04:31 (GMT-07:00) To: <MOB-Montana...> Subject: [MOB-Montana] Dickcissels in Stillwater County

I don't often see Dickcissels in Montana, so yesterday I was happy to note three different birds.  The first was on Woodrich Road which is about a mile south of Rapelje.  I was driving out from Dallmann Lake, headed back to the highway (MT 306) when I heard a Dickcissel calling about 300 yards before the highway.  I turned back and was able to obtain photos as it sang from the fence line.  Dallmann  Lake is full of water and full of Wilson's Phalaropes, nearly 200 present.
The second Dickcissel was heard singing about 2 miles east of Rapelje as I was heading in the direction of Molt and Big Lake.  Big Lake is also full of water and offers very good birding.
Finally, the third Dickcissel was on Eastlick Road just south of Molt.  It was calling near the west end of the road.  Beware this part of the road should be avoided if it is wet from rains.
Enjoy your summer,
Ed HarperBozeman/Carmichael

Join us on Facebook!