Date: 6/29/18 12:50 pm
From: Joseph C. Neal <joeneal...>
Subject: NEOTROPIC CORMORANT AT EAGLE WATCH (Gentry)
A Neotropic Cormorant at Eagle Watch Nature Trail this morning was a few days earlier than our previous local record (July 5). There were also Double-crested Cormorants (4), including one in the same snag with the Neotropic, providing handy comparison. This adult Neotropic retains the white V at gape typical of breeding season birds. Other observers this morning included Eagle Watch founder and manager Terry Stanfill and Peter Shaffer from Bentonville. Best views were from the older blind. On a hot day, we sat in the shade with a cooling breeze from the south. A Prothonotary Warbler was also near the blind, singing at the edge of the water.

Join us on Facebook!