Date: 6/29/18 11:43 am
From: Lars Per Norgren <larspernorgren...>
Subject: [obol] Boosting the bottom end of the age curve
I remember my first decade of birding for its limited mobility. My own efforts were limited to bicycle range, essentially 10 miles one way.
Luckily that included Finley, as I lived between Corvallis and Philomath. No water treatment plant in those days to sweeten the ride. Any chance to get to Newport, Fern Ridge , or beyond was a near incalculable luxury. Such events were almost always the result of Audubon Society of Corvallis field trips, which occurred twice a month at best. In those days it wasn’t very common to do CBCs away from one’s home base. I felt like a veritable tourist when I went to the Dallas CBC, made possible by carpooling at Central Park in Corvallis in the dark and the rain. lan
POST: Send your post to <obol...>
Contact moderator: <obol-moderators...>

Join us on Facebook!