Date: 6/29/18 10:43 am
From: Paul Dickson <Paul...>
Subject: Re: [LABIRD-L] Managing your eBird location for the Masked Duck
Labird: Yesterday when we viewed the Masked Duck, it saw 16 people exclaiming in usual exclamation tone and volume in what previously was a very quiet and people-free place. It responded by immediately swimming back into the vegetation and laying low. I know that with all other waterfowl management, prevention of disturbance is #1. This is why I want to limit the trips we make to see it. Just so it doesn't fly off to a "cold spot" that no one finds.
Paul Dickson