Date: 6/28/18 9:27 pm
From: <jmeredit...>
Subject: [COBOL] Brown-headed Cowbird discussion
Yesterday, ECAS Wednesday birders talked a bit during our birding as we
kept seeing cowbirds. Milt Vine recalled reading info that conflicted
with the generally accepted story. See the link, discussion by the
esteemed Dennis Paulson. Cheers, Judy, <jmeredit...>

Milt sent:
To follow up on the topic of the origination of Brown-headed Cowbird
nest
parasitism that we were discussing at one of the stops yesterday, check
out
this 2015 article written by a Washington homeboy, Dennis Paulson. He
does
not support the "Buffalo Theory" for Brown-headed Cowbird nest
parasitism
development.

https://www.birdnote.org/blog/2015/05/cowbird-story-revisited