Date: 6/28/18 8:28 pm
From: Bill Etter <billetter01...>
Subject: White "form" of Great Blue Heron, Northampton Co
I ran across a Great White Heron this evening at Seiple's Pond.
Follow the eBird
link <https://ebird.org/view/checklist/S46861214> for details. I hope it
will stick around for others to see. Several local birders were able to
get good views and photos from a nice, respectful distance Thursday
evening. The flow of extreme southeastern birds into our region lately is
completely fascinating!

View the eBird checklist online at https://ebird.org/view/checkli
st/S46861214

I wasn't sure if I would post this widely due to potential private property
concerns, but decided to take a chance since it's an interesting bird. If
you come here to view or photograph this bird, here are the rules:

There's a small set of store fronts here, right along Rt 329 and adjacent
to the pond. Park in the PAVED lot, but NOT directly in front of the
businesses. Do NOT park in the gravel driveway that goes back to the
farm. Do NOT walk across the gravel driveway to get closer to the pond.
Do NOT walk down the driveway toward the farm. In fact, if you step foot
in any grass or gravel, consider yourself a TRESPASSER. Stay in the paved
parking lot!!! I'm trusting that anyone reading this will be cool and
extremely respectful. We're blessed with amazing optics and photographic
technology. We don't have to be sneaky intrusive jerks...choose wisely my
friends.

I am only aware of a few previous records of this alleged "morph" of Great
Blue Heron in Pennsylvania. I haven't really had a chance to research it
much tonight though.

Cheers,

Bill Etter
Moore Twp