Date: 6/28/18 1:52 pm
From: Paul Dickson <Paul...>
Subject: [LABIRD-L] Masked Duck viewing
Labird:
I will host at attempt to see the adult female Masked Duck at 6:30am Sunday. Early morning has provided consistent, open views. Other times its chancy and if seen, it is somewhat hidden by vegetation.
Location:
Tar Slough property of the Pinola Conservancy
Navigate to:
1454 Leonard Road
Shreveport, 71115
There is a pasture and a pecan orchard on the north side of Leonard Road, game fence and an overgrown fence row on the south side.
Next to the 1454 mail box is an asphalt road on the south side of Leonard Road.
Take the asphalt drive south. 100 yards in you will come to a gate that has the Tar Slough logo. If the gate is open, continue to a barn where we will meet.
Views have been at about 100 yards distant from a levee. No difficult terrain or water just a 250 yard walk from the barn along a dirt road. Easy to do. All are welcome. This may be re-posted.
Paul Dickson

Join us on Facebook!