Date: 6/27/18 4:35 pm
From: <jmeredit...>
Subject: [obol] ECAS Wednesday mostly Jefferson County, Grasslands, Gray Butte etc
Big thanks to Chuck Gates who led us around to great spots. And a big
thanks to the great "pit team" who changed a tire. Maybe not in record
time but what a display of teamwork!

We birded eastern Jefferson county today, Osborne Springs, brushy areas
to the south of Haystack and on around toward Gray Butte, then across
grasslands to Ramms Rd an toward Grizzly. We dipped into Crook county to
check on breeding Tri-colored as we finished the day returning to
Terrebonne. Thanks to Milt and Sally for ebirding. Thanks to Chuck for
taking us to a real, bonafide Red-naped Sapsucker! Great morning
studying birds of the juniper/sage and several of the group got good
photos of the birds. If I missed some on the list, ebirders will send
me corrections I hope. Next week, Riley Ranch trail.

This report was mailed for Judy Meredith by http://birdnotes.net

Canada Goose
Mallard
Ruddy Duck
California Quail
Great Blue Heron
Turkey Vulture
Osprey
Bald Eagle
Northern Harrier - 1 male pestering a Red-tail repeatedly, fun to watch
Red-tailed Hawk
American Kestrel
American Coot
Killdeer
Rock Dove
Eurasian Collared-Dove
Mourning Dove
Common Nighthawk
White-throated Swift - over Crooked River as we entered Jeff co
Red-naped Sapsucker - Grizzly
Hairy Woodpecker - Grizzly
Northern Flicker
Western Wood-Pewee
Gray Flycatcher - several around in Gray Butte section
Dusky Flycatcher - 1 at least, " "
Ash-throated Flycatcher
Western Kingbird
Loggerhead Shrike
Black-billed Magpie
American Crow - in Terrebonne
Common Raven
Horned Lark
Tree Swallow
Cliff Swallow
Barn Swallow
Mountain Chickadee
House Wren
Blue-gray Gnatcatcher - 2 pair or more, carrying nesting material
Mountain Bluebird
American Robin
Sage Thrasher
European Starling
Yellow Warbler - willows Grizzly
Common Yellowthroat - willows, Grizzly
Spotted Towhee
Chipping Sparrow
Brewer's Sparrow
Vesper Sparrow
Lark Sparrow
Savannah Sparrow
Song Sparrow
White-crowned Sparrow
Black-headed Grosbeak - willows Grizzly
Red-winged Blackbird
Tricolored Blackbird - good nesting colony, Lone Pine rd
Western Meadowlark
Yellow-headed Blackbird - with Trikes
Brewer's Blackbird
Brown-headed Cowbird
Bullock's Oriole
Cassin's Finch - Grizzly area, near Lazy Z ranch
House Finch
Lesser Goldfinch
House Sparrow
Total number of species seen: 63
Birders today: Chuck Gates, Sally Hill, Milt Vine, Toni Morozumi, Mark
Neudorfer, Mike Golden, Joel Tinsley, Tom Penpraze, Sherrie Pierce,
Michael Thomas, and Judy Meredith.

Next week, walking the Riley Ranch trail, along the Deschutes river,
maybe more walking than birds. Good birding, Judy, <jmeredit...>
POST: Send your post to <obol...>
Contact moderator: <obol-moderators...>

Join us on Facebook!