Date: 6/27/18 2:40 pm
From: Al Stokie <alstokie99...> [ILbirds] <ILbirds-noreply...>
Subject: IBET Yellow Crowned Night Heron Continues
Hello Bird People,

After a so so day at Fermi Lab where we found none of the good birds
reported lately I just got home when Matthew's post came on IBET
telling about Alan Anderson's Yellow Crowned Night Heron.
I live pretty close & so I got there in 15 min. Finally found the
Night Heron but it's not with the Great Blue colony. It's roosting
lower than the Great Blues on a broken off tree stump.

As a review go in on Hawthorne until it ends which is where Big Bend
Dr begins. Follow Big Bend Dr until it ends. There you can see the
Great Blue nesting colony. Look lower & to the left for the Night
Heron & if you're lucky you may find it. Don't walk on private
property as you don't need to.

Bird-Of-The-Day to that adult Yellow Crowned Night Heron.

Al Stokie

Posted by: Al Stokie <alstokie99...>

<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional