Date: 6/27/18 2:22 pm
From: Alan Contreras <acontrer56...>
Subject: [obol] Re: Camp Robbers
Crater Lake is a special case. I had a Clark’s Nutcracker land on my arm there and try to get into the bag of chips I was holding. A nutcracker is NOT a small bird.

I have a bad feeling that we’re starting a Thieves I Have Known thread, so here’s a starter pic of me meeting a friend for lunch.

Alan Contreras
<acontrer56...>
Eugene, Oregon

www.alanlcontreras.com

> On Jun 27, 2018, at 2:10 PM, <dpvroman...> wrote:
>
> Many years back, when my wife and I were eating lunch at Crater Lake, a fledgling of the year "Camp Robber," or now Canada Jay, landed on my wife's head in an attempt to grab a bite to eat.
>
> Dennis (north of Grants Pass)
>
> On 2018-06-27 14:03, Alan Contreras wrote:
>
>> Camp robber may sound undignified for these lovely birds but one grabbed part of a sandwich two inches from my hand and flew off with it, so I think that qualifies.
>>
>> Alan Contreras
>> <acontrer56...> <mailto:<acontrer56...>
>> Eugene, Oregon
>>
>> www.alanlcontreras.com <http://www.alanlcontreras.com/>