Date: 6/27/18 11:14 am
From: Hendrik Herlyn <hhactitis...>
Subject: [obol] Great-tailed Grackle in Frenchglen
Hi all,

Sorry for the delayed report! Yesterday morning, while driving back home to
Corvallis after a month-long birding job in the remote ranges of Central
Nevada (absolutely breathtakingly beautiful!!!), I made a brief stop at
Frenchglen and encountered a male Great-tailed Grackle. It was first in the
grassy, park-like area across from the store and later flew into the trees
behind the hotel, where it continued to make loud grackle noises - a very
obvious bird! I will post photos on eBird at some point.

Other stops (Fields, HQ, etc.) produced nothing noteworthy. Apparently, the
Blue Jay at HQ was blown out by a nasty hail storm about a week ago
(according to the staff at the store).

Good to be back in Oregon!

Cheers

Hendrik