Date: 6/27/18 8:02 am
From: Brian Henderson <wbhenderson...>
Subject: Re: Spotted Towhee Song - BSP Carbon County
Here are a couple of mediocre videos with some Eastern Towhee mimicry on
display:
One singing a Carolina Wren song without any additional embellishment:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hLn2DsVa2_s
Another incorporating some American Robin into its song:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-JkJENavIMM

Brian Henderson
Montgomery Co.

On Wed, Jun 27, 2018 at 9:24 AM, Kate StJohn <
<0000000f59b962a9-dmarc-request...> wrote:

> Eastern Towhees can also make a variety of sounds/songs that are nothing
> like there own. I've heard one that sounded like an American Redstart and
> another that made an artificial noise. He sounded like a bird but he was
> making a human gadget sound. It took us a while to figure out who was
> making the sound. I wish we'd recorded it.
>
> Kate St. John, Pittsburgh
> Visit my bird/nature blog at birdsOutsideMyWindow.org

Join us on Facebook!