Date: 6/27/18 7:43 am
From: Maeve Kim <maevulus...>
Subject: [VTBIRD] Red-headed Woodpecker?
Yesterday evening, we were paddling on the Lamoille not far from the Cub Road access and saw what looked like a Red-headed Woodpecker: Hairy-sized or maybe a little smaller, white front, black back, red head. I haven’t reported it on eBird because the whole sighting was perhaps 6 seconds long, probably 25 yards away, and with bare eyes; when I raised my binoculars, I couldn’t find the bird again. However, if you’re in the area, keep your eyes open! I’d love to hear that someone else has seen the bird!
Maeve Kim
Jericho Center

Join us on Facebook!