Date: 6/26/18 10:59 pm
From: Roger Freeman <freemanbecard...>
Subject: [obol] Black-crowned Night-Herons, Silverton OR Marion County
At about 8:20PM this evening, while listening and watching birds outside
with my brother (and trying to key out a distant Warbler song), we saw a
low flying adult BLACK-CROWNED NIGHT-HERON going north to south heading
directly towards Silverton Reservoir about 1/2 mile away. The short legs,
rounded wings, and pearl gray color were clear as we had the evening sun to
our backs. I estimate it was about 200-300' high.

About 5 minutes later, a second individual flew by at the same height and
in the same flight path towards the reservoir.

Roger Freeman
east of Silverton OR

Join us on Facebook!