Date: 6/26/18 10:33 pm
From: Kenneth Brown <kenbrownpls...>
Subject: [Tweeters] Common Nighthawks
With gratitude to Anders Price for posting about these birds, and meeting me on-site tonight. Shortly after arriving, roughly 9 pm, we heard the "boom" (sounded more like a honk to me) of the male mating display dive. This was repeated several times and a second bird appeared rather quickly. A third bird was hanging in the area but the primary activity was what appeared to be a mated pair, at times closely following each other, sometimes separate but nearby. They were over a recent clear cut replanted in christmas trees, on the south side of 78th Ave NW, off Gallager Cove Rd. Thanks again Anders.