Date: 6/26/18 5:02 pm
From: Terri Skelton <00000140e212e0d0-dmarc-request...>
Subject: [LABIRD-L] Least bittern at bayou sauvage boat launch off highway 11
While focusing on Apple snail eggs on a reed I was delighted to have a least bittern walk into view. I observed him for a while and did see him fly into the lily pads and back into reeds once or twice. Too small to be a green heron. Eastern kingbirds also present. Purple gallinules there as well. Had stopped really to look for gators but the area by the launch is covered with lily pads now. Or whatever you call those big marsh leaves. Sorry not knowledgeable about plants. Wow what a great birding day

Terri D. Skelton
Sent from my iPhone

Join us on Facebook!