Date: 6/26/18 3:25 pm
From: Peter H Yaukey <PYaukey...>
Subject: Re: [LABIRD-L] Purple Martin roosts on Causeway
Interesting- that was the pattern when I kayaked out to the roost three years ago. A cluster of birds at Sunset Pt and vicinity in the gathering dusk, but not enough to hint that 100,000+ would shortly be assembling beneath the bridge.

That roost was also overwhelmingly female-immature types, although there were a small fraction of adult males mixed in (<1% if I recall correctly).

PY