Date: 6/26/18 2:16 pm
From: Peter H Yaukey <PYaukey...>
Subject: Re: [LABIRD-L] Paris road chalmette
To my knowledge this is the first Purple Gallinule on Paris Rd, at least since Katrina- nice! (I haven't checked ebird, but I bird the roadside ditch on Paris Rd frequently).

Look into Gull-billed and Forster's for the tern- they are the most likely medium-sized terns in the New Orleans area in summer. The black bill points toward Gull-billed.

PY