Date: 6/26/18 12:06 pm
From: Andrew Reago <andrew.reago...>
Subject: Western Kingbirds in St. Louis City 6/24/18 - 12 nests - video
Almost one month since our last visit to what we refer to as Kingbird
Alley (a 4.8 mile strip along Hall St. in St. Louis City that starts
at Grand & Hall and ends at Riverview & Hall), we went back to see how
the Western Kingbirds were doing with their nesting. We found 12
active nests with young, the most we've ever found. Since we saw other
Western Kingbirds on electrical towers and phone polls not associated
with any nest we were able to find (too far away), we are sure there
were more. Each nest had 3 (sometimes 2) young in it - making for a
total of 56 Western Kingbirds that we observed. Here's a video of
three of the nests:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uMphQuh_QUc [1]
Andy Reago
St. Louis MO