Date: 6/26/18 11:48 am
From: Daniel Farrar <jdanielfarrar...>
Subject: [obol] Re: Shorebirds
Yes, today and yesterday I saw my first south bound WESTERN SANDPIPERS.
There was a flock of 20-25 at Siltcoos River mouth, Lane Co yesterday and
today there were flocks of 10 and 20 on the beach south of Carter Lake
trail, Douglas Co.

Up at Baker Beach, Lane Co there were 3 WHIMBREL this morning.

Also saw an adult HEERMAN'S GULL near Carter Lake, Douglas Co. this morning.

Daniel Farrar
Dunes City, Oregon
<jdanielfarrar...>

On Tue, Jun 26, 2018 at 9:58 AM David Bailey <davidcbaileyoregon...>
wrote:

> I heard two Western Sandpipers overhead last night around midnight that I
> presumed were also among the first southbound migrants. The shorebirds that
> were staging on the Necanicum Estuary had vacated the mudflats by June.
>
> David C. Bailey
> Seaside, Oregon
>
> On Tue, Jun 26, 2018, 8:45 AM Roy Lowe <roy.loweiii...> wrote:
>
>> Yesterday, there were two greater yellowlegs at the south end of Eckman
>> Lake near Waldport. These are the first shorebird migrants of the season
>> for me.
>>
>> Roy

Join us on Facebook!