Date: 6/26/18 10:43 am
From: Edge Wade <edgew...>
Subject: Call for volunteers for Ha Ha Tonka State Park Spencer Creek Glade Bird Monitoring
ASM is a partner in a MoBCI grant awarded to MoDNR for Ha Ha Tonka State Park Spencer Creek Glade Restoration (removal of cedars). ASM's contribution is bird monitoring of two glades being restored. We're not cutting the cedars; we are to provide before/after bird data.

These surveys are to be be conducted in July, August 2018 and June 2019.
ASM is to provide 4 volunteers for each of these survey times for 10 hours per survey. But we are able to be very flexible in how we achieve the total time.

These hours do not have to be consecutive--that is, a volunteer could spend a few hours on one day and more on the next one or two days. OR

If you can only do one time for 4 hours at one of the two glade sites, we'll be glad to have you!

The July and August surveys will not be coordinated group events as we've done before (at Current River SP, for example). We may be able to have a group survey in June of 2019. For these first two survey periods, we're looking for volunteers who can come on any day that is convenient.

We'll gladly accept volunteers as individuals, 2-person teams, or groups.

If you are available to do bird survey work at Ha Ha Tonka State Park any day(s) in July or August, please respond.

I'll have more detailed information later to send to those who indicate an interest.

One possible perk: Use of one of the group camps at Lake of the Ozarks SP (probably Red Bud) may be available for those who want to stay overnight.

Hoping to hear from you,

Edge Wade
ASM Conservation Partnership Coordinator
<edgew...>

ABA Birding Code of Ethics
http://www.aba.org/about/ethics.html

Join us on Facebook!