Date: 6/26/18 4:27 am
From: Brian Williams via CTBirds <ctbirds...>
Subject: [CT Birds] willow flycatchers, Barn Island WMA, Stonington
Monday evening at Barn Island WMA in Stonington there were snowy and great egrets, maybe fifty-fifty for a total of 25-30 and an equal number of willets judging by the pervasiveness of the calls..  I reached the last impoundment around eight and despite the large number of red-winged blackbirds and other insectivore I had not seen nor heard any flycatchers (though on Sunday I had observed two eastern kingbirds racing down Mt. Misery Brook in Voluntown and inland we have phoebes and pewees in numbers) when a willow flycatcher was observed with at least one other.  Walking the trail back I saw another couple low to the ground again, then when in the first impoundment one was singing from the shorebank for several minutes.  Later in its calls there was a noticeable extension of the final tag.  I could make the outline of three songbirds in the scrub there.
link to willow flycatcher on flickr
https://www.flickr.com/photos/96606904@N05/28150249417/in/datetaken-public/

Brian Williams
Griswold