Date: 6/25/18 6:17 pm
From: Dan Richards <drichards7...>
Subject: Great Egret, Virginia Rail, Merlin, Clearfield Co.
Early this morning a friend and I took a jog around DuBois and encountered a couple of unusual species during our run. First, we heard a Virginia Rail calling from a stand of cattails in a retention pond behind Martin's grocery store, and on the way back to the vehicles we saw a Merlin fly over the Juniata Elementary School.

Additionally, on the way to work this morning I drove by the swamp along Platt Road and saw a Great Egret perched on a snag above the water. This is the first June record of a Great Egret that I've ever seen in Clearfield County.

Dan Richards
Treasure Lake

Join us on Facebook!