Date: 6/25/18 12:38 pm
From: Al Stokie <alstokie99...> [ILbirds] <ILbirds-noreply...>
Subject: IBET Montrose Beach, Dunes & Hedge Area Monday 6-25-18
Hello Bird People,

Well I must say that although I did pretty well over the weekend I
really struck out on everything today. There were several shorebirds
seen at Montrose Beach in the last few days but all I saw today were
Killdeer & Spotted Sandpipers including one young Killdeer now almost
fully grown & another Killdeer just hatched & very small.

The Swallows have been augmented by lots of young ones making them
hard to count & hard to tell apart (young Tree Swallows are brown).
Also there must be over 30 Purple Martins at the Martin houses. Dave A
had a female Wood Duck in the wet area but I missed that.

Saw one Eastern Kingbird & a Baltimore Oriole in the swales & a few
Chimney Swifts were flying.
Spent a lot of time looking for Yellow Billed Cuckoos where Luis M had
them before but found none today. Regular birds singing included House
Wren, Gray Catbird, Warbling Vireo & Yellow Warbler.

At the Golf Course Pond I saw 4 Cedar Waxwings & a Black Crowned Night
Heron flew from the actual pond over the harbor.

A very slow day but Bird-Of-The-Day goes to the fly-by Black Crowned
Night Heron &
Runner-Up to the very tiny baby Killdeer. Not much but the best I can do.

Al Stokie
In Cook County looking for targets but not finding any

Posted by: Al Stokie <alstokie99...>

<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: