Date: 6/25/18 11:07 am
From: Angela Dimmitt via CTBirds <ctbirds...>
Subject: Re: [CT Birds] Northern Parulas in CT

The bird I saw on June 10 was in a cultivated garden, specifically vegetable, and low, not high in the trees, although the trees around were mostly high. I'll ask the owner, a birder, to check on it further, or return myself. Likewise the pair last year were in low shrubs beside a bridge over the Shepaurg, there a torrent flowing from a wide calm stretch though tall forest. Might they use spider webs?

The Connecticut Warbler's October issues reporting on the SBC totals show LHAS and Barkhamsted as counting them most years. Perhaps the Atlas will find more than just passing sightings and vocals.
Angela Dimmitt
New Milford

Date: Sun, 24 Jun 2018 20:22:07 -0400
From: Tom Baptist <tbaptist47n...>
To: David Provencher <hikerbirder1...>
Subject: Re: [CT Birds] SInging Northern Parula Sterling, CT

Dave: Another amazing observation. There's a long history of this species
breeding to our south, west and north but not here in CT. Keep up the good
work. My best, Tom