Date: 6/24/18 6:43 pm
From: James Pike <jimpike444...> [LACoBirds] <LACoBirds-noreply...>
Subject: [LACoBirds] HI/EL Black-chinned Sparrows
I'm used to hearing Black-chinned Sparrows singing along the lower reaches
of Blue Ridge Road off Highway 2, and this weekend was no exception.
However, I was surprised to note at least five birds singing at higher
elevations, starting with one at Blue Ridge campground (7900'), and four
more from the communication facility to the vicinity of Guffy campground
(8400'). As we are all well aware, every bird-related event these days is a
direct consequence of global warming, so I'll just add this to the list.

Jim Pike
HB

Join us on Facebook!