Date: 6/24/18 6:22 pm
From: <jmeredit...>
Subject: [COBOL] Crossbills etc with fledglings
First that I have noticed them in my yard for over a month, but I had a
red and a yellow colored Red Crossbill at the sunflower seed feeder
today. They brought food to a begging, brown striped bird waiting on a
nearby tree limb.

Also Pygmy Nuts feeding young, going back and forth at the sunflower
feeder.

I have been overrun this year with Golden Mantled Ground Squirrels. My
have-a-heart trap is at work in the yard. Today I relocated a 4th one to
a nearby park. I haven't seen a Cooper's Hawk around the neighborhood
this summer to aid in ground squirrel control.

Good birding, Judy, <jmeredit...>