Date: 6/24/18 5:21 pm
From: dcharlesl--- via VA-bird <va-bird...>
Subject: [VA-bird] Virginia Breeding Bird Atlas Block Busting Field Trip - Stafford County
Yesterday was the Virginia Breeding Bird Atlas Block Busting Field Trip to Stafford County. The group of birders assembled at the VRE train station were pleasantly surprised how well the weather cooperated, despite a forecast of rain that didn't happen. The cloud cover kept temperatures very nice through the morning. We split up into teams to cover the Stafford SE Atlas Block.

The most memorable moment for me was being dive-bombed by an Eastern Kingbird when I got out of the car at the Stafford Hospital parking lot. How was I to know that a nearby tree held the bird's nest. Glad I was at the hospital in case I needed their services. I'm sure those watching me repeatedly duck had a good laugh! Other team highlights included watching a young Ovenbird with a parent, a surprise female Black-and-white Warbler, and an Indigo Bunting nest. We added 7 new Confirmed breeders to the Atlas block list.

More Block Busting Field Trips are listed at www.nvabc.org<http://www.nvabc.org/>.

David Ledwith

Falls Church, VA