Date: 6/24/18 4:41 pm
From: Luke Pheneger <phenegerluke...>
Subject: [cobirds] Golden Ponds Green Heron
Hi all,

Today I had an adult GREEN HERON fly into the fenced off pond on the far
south side of the Golden Ponds complex in Boulder County. It was extremely
uncoopertive and in the 2.5 hours I sat staring at the patch of reeds it
flew into, it only showed once more and it proceeded to fly away to the NW
out of sight.
Also of interest was a RED EYED VIREO, ORCHARD ORIOLE, BLUE GROSBEAKS, and
a small flock of CEDAR WAXWINGS that kept me company while I played the
waiting game.

A photo of the heron can be seen here:
https://ebird.org/view/checklist/S46764660

Luke Pheneger