Date: 6/24/18 3:23 pm
From: Stephen Mirick <smirick...>
Subject: [NHBirds] Mississippi Kites this weekend
The Mississippi Kites continue to be frustrating this summer....but
there are birds around!

DURHAM - Yesterday, Jane and I had a nice perched female bird in a
Locust Tree just down Bagdad Road from the town library on Madbury
Road.  It sat there for over 1/2 hour and was still there when we left.
I was a bit disappointed, since I would think a female would be tending
a nest more closely.  So, not sure what this bird was doing.  Was her
mate incubating?  Is she an unpaired bird?  In any event, we returned
today, and could not find ANY birds, but maybe had a brief view of a
kite from the library.

NEWMARKET - Today, we photographed a bird over South Main Street first
at the Elementary School, then near the High School.  My first of the
year in Newmarket!  Seems like this is the best general area for birds
this year, but only a few reports.

STRATHAM - NO BIRDS this weekend despite a few "drive-arounds" in the
Depot Road area yesterday and today.  We had one here last weekend.

Steve & Jane Mirick
Bradford, MA