Date: 6/24/18 1:48 pm
From: Glenn Hodgkins <hodgkinsglenn...>
Subject: [Maine-birds] Parula and Sapsucker nests
We had an Augusta Birding Club trip on and near the Long Falls Dam Road
(near Flagstaff Lake) yesterday. One of our goals was to look for breeding
evidence for the Maine Bird Atlas. Margaret Viens spotted a hanging
Northern Parula nest made of Old Mans Beard lichen. We also came across a
Yellow-bellied Sapsucker nesting hole. For some good pictures of these and
a list of other birds at two of our stops:

https://ebird.org/atlasme/view/checklist/S46760642
https://ebird.org/atlasme/view/checklist/S46749801

Glenn Hodgkins
Hallowell