Date: 6/24/18 10:35 am
From: Shannon Burner <shannonann66...>
Subject: Fledglings
All,
As I was walking out to get the paper this morning, I heard quite a ruckus
in the sycamore tree. The Eastern Kingbird parents were helping their
fledglings to leave the nest. One parent was near the nest, the other was
across the road, near the edge of the woods. After much urging, a wee
kingbird fluttered and glided across the road, then another and another.
With everyone out of the nest and safe on the other side of the road, both
parent began to call them deeper into the woods. It was a sweet few moments
to witness and a nice way to start the day!

Shannon Burner
Keyser, WV

Join us on Facebook!