Date: 6/24/18 10:13 am
From: Bruni Haydl <bruni...>
Subject: Surprise visitor
When I walked out the back door this morning I saw a male Baltimore
Oriole sitting on the garden wire surrounding a flower bed.  He left and
I walked over to the fenced (?) garden hoping to chase out the rabbit
that was helping himself to plants.   On my way back I noticed a bird in
the little sassafras tree in the flower bed.  Wasn't sure what he was
until I saw a bit of color. When I saw the Oriole dad again carrying
food I realized I had a baby Baltimore Oriole.  Great way to start the day.

Last week I discovered that the sycamore tree that has the eagles nest
is also hosting Baltimore Orioles.  Hadn't noticed it until I followed a
flash of orange zipping by me and over to the nest.

Bruni Haydl

Charles Town, WV

Join us on Facebook!