Date: 6/23/18 9:52 pm
From: Monacell, Peter L. <plmonacell...>
Subject: Re: North Jeff City Western Kingbirds
Looking for Scissor-tailed Flycatchers in Jeff City? Try Walgreens on W. Truman Blvd. Specifically, wait in the parking lot between Walgreens and Domino’s Pizza, and an adult STFL may fly over before long.

Although I came upon these birds incidentally this summer—on two different evenings—, a distinguished Missouri birder later told me that the area borders an established nesting site. Maybe I will go search for the nest, buy some shampoo, and come home with dinner.

Good birding everyone,
Pete

From: Missouri Wild Bird Forum <MOBIRDS-L...><mailto:<MOBIRDS-L...>> on behalf of Jane Frazier <00000046582e7231-dmarc-request...><mailto:<00000046582e7231-dmarc-request...>>
Date: Saturday, June 23, 2018 at 3:56 PM
To: "<MOBIRDS-L...><mailto:<MOBIRDS-L...>" <MOBIRDS-L...><mailto:<MOBIRDS-L...>>
Subject: North Jeff City Western Kingbirds

I saw 2 Western Kingbirds this afternoon on the telephone wire before the water treatment plant in North Jeff City on Mokane Road. The ID, from the back, was made sure by that yellow visible under the tail. No luck on Scissor tails.

Jane Frazier
Jefferson City
River Bluffs Audubon Society

Archives<https://po.missouri.edu/archives/mobirds-l.html> / Subscription options<https://po.missouri.edu/cgi-bin/wa?SUBED1=mobirds-l&A=1> / ASM Website<http://mobirds.org> / Email the list owners<mailto:<mobirds-l-request...>

ASM Fall Meeting: September 28-30, 2018 in Columbia Details and Online Registration<http://www.mobirds.org/ASM/Meetings.aspx>

mailto:<mobirds-l-request...>
ABA Birding Code of Ethics
http://www.aba.org/about/ethics.html