Date: 6/23/18 8:02 pm
From: Amanda Kallenbach <amanda.kallenbach...>
Subject: [NHBirds] Capital Chapter--Nottingcook--Great Hill Notes
Five of us strolled up to the Great Hill summit (879 ft.) in Bow's
Nottingcook Forest this morning. Despite somewhat overcast skies, the
views were great, temps were perfect, and the birds did not disappoint.
Right off the bat we were greeted by a singing male Scarlet Tanager, and
the ST show continued right through to the end. Pair bonding! Territorial
disputes! They completely ignored us...it was awesome!

Hermit Thrushes outnumbered Veeries today, with everybody singing up a
storm. Lots of young Robins and Hairy Woodpeckers out and about; loads of
Towhees and Ovenbirds; a few Indigo Buntings, Bluebirds, Prairie, Pine and
B&W Warblers, Cedar Waxwings, Field Sparrows, Great Crested FCs, Pewees, a
Rose-breasted Grosbeak, etc. 38 species in all. Full report on eBird:
https://ebird.org/view/checklist/S46750758

A special note of thanks to Mark Suomala, who co-led this trip. And, uh,
my apologies to the guy who showed up with his dog...

Amanda Kallenbach
Bow, NH