Date: 6/23/18 5:53 pm
From: Doug Jenness <d_jenness...>
Subject: [AZNMbirds] Global Big Day Arizona final tallies

The final tallies by county for Global Big Day 2018 are now posted on the AZFO website at http://www.azfo.org/BigDay/GlobalBigDayAZ.html. More than 570 birders were in the field 5 May throughout the state and counted a record 312 species. A majority of the participants were in teams organized by county. In 2016 the North American Spring Migration count, coordinated by the Arizona Field Ornithologists, merged its more than a decade of experience with the GBD. This year county coordinators decided to make a push to see if we could surpass the previous high of 303 species counted in the state, which we did in a big way. The count in 2019 will be on 4 May.

Doug Jenness,

Arizona State Coordinator, Global Big Day