Date: 6/23/18 5:13 pm
From: Charles Gates <cgates326...>
Subject: [COBOL] Prineville Bird Club Field Trip Today
The Prineville Bird Club took their monthly field trip to the top of the
Ochoco Mountains today.  We visited Ochoco Reservoir, FR 27 (Summit
Road), the Hash Rock Burn and back to Prineville.  Our best birds were:

Northern Pygmy-owl, Dusky Flycatcher, Gray Jay, Brown Creeper,
Townsend's Warbler, Western Tanager, Green-tailed Towhee and Lazuli Bunting

The full list is below (some species were seen by only a few members)

1 Canada Goose
2 Gadwall
3 California Quail
4 Western Grebe
5 White Pelican
6 Double-crested Cormorant
7 Turkey Vulture
8 Osprey
9 Red-tailed Hawk
10 American Kestrel
11 Spotted Sandpiper
12 Eurasian Collared Dove
13 Northern Pygmy-Owl
14 Anna's Hummingbird
15 Williamson's Sapsucker
16 Hairy Woodpecker
17 Northern Flicker
18 Dusky Flycatcher
19 Western Kingbird
20 Gray Jay
21 Steller's Jay
22 California Scrub-Jay
23 Black-billed Magpie
24 American Crow
25 Common Raven
26 Tree Swallow
27 N. Rough-winged Swallow
28 Cliff Swallow
29 Barn Swallow
30 Mountain Chickadee
31 Red-breasted Nuthatch
32 White-breasted Nuthatch
33 Brown Creeper
34 House Wren
35 Mountain Bluebird
36 Hermit Thrush
37 American Robin
38 European Starling
39 Yellow Warbler
40 Yellow-rumped Warbler
41 Townsend's Warbler
42 Western Tanager
43 Chipping Sparrow
44 Dark-eyed Junco
45 Song Sparrow
46 Green-tailed Towhee
47 Lazuli Bunting
48 Red-winged Blackbird
49 Brewer's Blackbird
50 Brown-headed Cowbird
51 Cassin's Finch
52 House Sparrow

Mark Twain

Chuck Gates
Prineville Bird Club
541-280-4957
Powell Butte,
Central Oregon Oregon Birding Site Guide
http://www.ecaudubon.org/birding-locations
Oregon County Checklists
http://www.ecaudubon.org/county-checklists

https://www.avg.com