Date: 6/23/18 3:06 pm
From: Jay V Huner <jvh0660...>
Subject: [LABIRD-L] Mottled Ducks
Friends,

Mottled Duck numbers are declining. In an effort to address this issue, the LSU wildlife folks have placed radio telemetry devices on a goodly number of these ducks. Please watch the Mottled Ducks you encounter and take note if you see any telemetry devices on the birds and/or leg rings. I simply don't recall the name of the new wildlife professor who is conducting the study but, I suspect that a "drive by birder" will know and provide that information. I make mention of this because Judson Lassiter posted a nice image of a pair of Mottled Ducks from a rice field near Lake Charles on Facebook.

Jay Huner

Join us on Facebook!