Date: 6/23/18 12:39 pm
From: Al Stokie <alstokie99...> [ILbirds] <ILbirds-noreply...>
Subject: IBET Another Visit To Plum Creek F.P. (Cook Co) Saturday 6-23-18
Hello Bird People,

Went again to Plum Creek as Bob Erickson had never been there before &
so needed to see the place. Saw mostly the same birds as last time
plus a few additions. Still can't buy a Barred Owl here although
others seem to find them but I did find a new Cook County bird which
aren't easy to come by when you already have 350 Cook County birds.
Here's my day list:

Plum Creek F.P. (Cook Co) (6:50-9:20 a.m.)

Great Blue Heron (1 fly-by)
Green Heron (also 1 fly-by)
WILD TURKEY (2, 1st time ever in Cook Co)
Gull Sp? (many flying by)
Red Bellied Woodpecker (H-2)
Downy Woodpecker (2)
Flicker (H-2)
Eastern Pewee (4)
ACADIAN FLYCATCHER (1)
Eastern Kingbird (1)
Blue Jay (3-4)
Crow ( H-1)
Chickadee (2-3)
W.B. Nuthatch (2)
House Wren (H-8)
B.G. Gnatcatcher (2)
Eastern Bluebird (2)
Wood Thrush (1 seen singing & H-1)
Robins (10)
Gray Catbird (14, our most common bird today)
Brown Thrasher (2)
Cedar Waxwing (2)
WHITE EYED VIREO (H-3 but only saw one)
Warbling Vireo (H-3)
(Blue Winged Warbler heard only by Bob)
Yellow Warbler (H-1)
Common Yellowthroat (5)
Cardinal (3)
Rose Breasted Grosbeak (H-1)
Indigo Bunting (2)
Field Sparrow (4)
Grasshopper Sparrow (2, only reason I saw any was that Bob was with &
he 1st heard them)
HENSLOW'S SPARROW (3, saw all 3)
Bobolink (4)
Red Wings (6), Grackles (4) & Cowbirds (5-6)
Eastern Meadowlark (3)
Goldfinch (4)

Next we made a quick stop at the Bobolink Picnic Area by Bartel
Grasslands & in 15 min we found one BOBWHITE which was calling. Other
birders had seen 2 earlier.

A stop at Saganashkee Slough on the way home got us the adult OSPREY
on the nest & now there are 1 or 2 baby Ospreys but can't tell which
as they are partially blocked from view.

Bird-Of-The-Day for me will be the Wild Turkeys & for Bob it's the Bobwhite.
Runner-Up to the seen White Eyed Vireo.

Al Stokie
In far S.E. Cook County today

Posted by: Al Stokie <alstokie99...>