Date: 6/23/18 10:27 am
From: <mvjohnski...>
Subject: [cobirds] Pikes Stockade Closed
One of my favorite birding places is closed for the summer. In April, on
one of my ventures there, I saw where the intense winds had knocked over a
massive narrowleaf Cottonwood tree, which crushed the west wall of the
Pikes Stockade structure. I reported it to the State Historical group. They
have since removed the huge tree but still need to re-construct the west
wall and thus have closed it down until further notice. Will let you know
when things open up again.

And in a brief look at the CC road south of Alamosa, wife Lisa and I noted
no Dickcissels, which were thick there last year.

Hot and DRY down here.

John Rawinski
Monte Vista, CO