Date: 6/23/18 7:35 am
From: Joseph Kennedy <josephkennedy36...>
Subject: [texbirds] Re: Budgeriar eBird Submissions
All of my nesting birds were the green phenotype? identical to the wild
Australian birds as were the colony on the florida west coast. I have had
both the yellow and blue variants at my feeders. Once a blue bird tried to
join the nesting birds but was driven off.

Petco was the source of all the budgies back then. They were kept in an
open pen out on the floor near the door so kids could reach in and have a
bird sit on their finger. They all could fly and could get out of the cage
and then out the door. Health code concerns had them caged and then no new
escapees.

--
Joseph C. Kennedy
on Buffalo Bayou in West Houston