Date: 6/22/18 6:37 pm
From: Greg Leonard <0000009bd27f1943-dmarc-request...>
Subject: Mississippi Kites, Columbia, MO
I was driving past the Boone Hospital Nifong Medical Plaza this evening around 6:10 p.m. and remembered that Mary Dodds McCarthy had seen a Mississippi Kite there this past weekend.  As I pulled in the parking lot from Forum Boulevard, I was surprised to see Mississippi Kites flying around everywhere.  Many were flying quite low.  I got out of my car to count them and found that I could see 10 at one time, although there could have been more as part of my view was blocked by trees.
The show didn't last long as the Kites began to gain altitude and drift off to the southwest.  Five minutes after I got there, they were all out of sight.
Greg LeonardColumbia, Boone County

ASM Website: http://mobirds.org/
ABA Birding Code of Ethics
http://www.aba.org/about/ethics.html