Date: 6/22/18 3:15 pm
From: Brian Enos <brian...>
Subject: [AZNMbirds] 6.21.18 Tempe Cooper's Hawk (Immature)
In the 20 years I've lived near Mill Ave. and University, I've never seen
a Cooper's Hawk in the summer. Yesterday at dusk, I heard a call I ddin't
recognize. As I looked in the direction of the call, the subject bird flew
under the carport and landed on the bikeport and sat there for about 5
minutes. The bird was real scruffy looking - fuzzy white feathers sticking
out here and there, brownish back and reddish chest. I slowly walked up to
about 6 feet from him - the bird didn't seem to care about me at all.