Date: 6/21/18 5:08 pm
From: carolclyde <carolclyde...>
Subject: [VTBIRD] Rose breasted Grosbeak
First time in weeks I have seen a female rose breasted grosbeak at my platform feeder at 7:50 pm just before I took down my feeders for the night.
Observed hierarchy at the feeders:
Grackles chase away wps, cardinal chases away grosbeak from the  feeders. Woodpeckers and doves stay at feeders if my husband or I go near the feeding area; grackles and cardinals fly away.  Interesting.  Cardinals will come back if I stand quietly leaning against the house in the proximity of the feeders, but grackles fly in and turn around and leave.
Carol YarnellSouth Alburgh

Sent via the Samsung Galaxy S9+, an AT&T 4G LTE smartphone

Join us on Facebook!