Date: 6/21/18 11:05 am
From: Christine Southwick <clsouth...>
Subject: [Tweeters] Pileated on blue elderberries
Last year (these berries aren't ripe yet this year), I had a first year Pileated (PIWO) eating Blue Elderberries.
The berries are far out on the slender limbs of the blue elderberry, so it was rather comical to watch, with loud flapping and rustling, as the PIWO would fly to the berries, try to land, and beat his wings while he attempted to eat a berry or two.
He let out a couple of squawks-I thought in frustration, but he kept coming back four or five times, so he must have been successful some of the time.

Christine Southwick
N Seattle/Shoreline
<clsouthwick...>