Date: 6/20/18 9:15 pm
From: Paul Sullivan <paultsullivan...>
Subject: [COBOL] Wednesday birding
COBOLites,

I ventured from McMinnville today to join the Wednesday Birders at Sisters.
I got to town early enough to look for PINYON JAYS and found them on
McKinney Butte Rd, N of the high school, right across the street from the
Sisters Christian Church. A fire hydrant marks the spot. Some of the
houses over the fence to the west must have feeders that are attracting the
birds.

I joined the Wednesday Birders outing which Judy has already reported.

About 2 PM I went to the outlet of Tumalo Reservoir. It was the doldrum
time of day. I stayed an hour and heard no "che-BEK! From the Least
Flycatcher. Then a rain storm drove me to move on.

I got to Lake Creek Lodge in Camp Sherman by 4 PM and was given permission
to sit on the back deck of cabin 10 to look for the Gray Catbird. A light
rain was falling. I sat under the eve of the roof for 35 minutes and heard
no Catbird. Finally, I walked past cabins 6 & 7 to check out the locations
Tom Crabtree described. On my way back, a wet CATBIRD appeared in the
bushes just east of the steps to cabin 10's deck.

I declared victory and headed home.

Thanks for a good day.

Paul Sullivan