Date: 6/20/18 7:25 pm
From: Elias B. <ebbornhofft...>
Subject: [Maine-birds] Cape Elizabeth ~ late report of Black billed Cuckoo
I was seriously doubting that I would see or hear a Cuckoo this Spring. But
that's the thing about birding, the unexpected can never be ruled out.
Anyways I spotted a Black billed Cuckoo from my bathroom window the morning
of the 19th - it was perched on a snag - on the fringe of my yard around
7:15am. I was afforded a good 20 seconds of observation. Perhaps the bird
was checking out what all the commotion was around the nearby feeders?
Also, worth pondering was the timing of the "Rain Crow's" arrival in
relationship to the significant storm that barrelled through less than 24
hours prior.

Keep looking,

Brook