Date: 6/20/18 1:24 pm
From: Joel Geier <joel.geier...>
Subject: [COBOL] Tricolored Blackbirds along O'Neil Highway, Crook Co.
I haven't seen this mentioned on COBOL lately though might have missed a
report on this traditional spot. Anyway ...

Tuesday morning while driving back from some bird surveys in the
Ochocos, my daughter Martha and I took the O'Neil Highway over to U.S.
Hwy 97. About 4 or 5 miles west of O'Neil, in the area where the Crooked
River comes close to the road with lots of wetland vegetation, willows
etc., we kept the windows rolled down as we did a moderately slow
drive-by. We heard and saw lots of Red-winged Blackbirds close to the
road, but in a couple of spots we could hear TRICOLORED BLACKBIRDS
growling away, farther back in the marshes.

--
Joel Geier
Camp Adair area north of Corvallis