Date: 6/20/18 10:03 am
From: Ida <idad...>
Subject: Bootheel Whistling Ducks/Scissor-tail
Black-bellied Whistling Ducks continue, 7 as of this morning (6/20/18), just off Nash Road in Cape County near the Port Authority.

The Scissor-tailed Flycatcher was also in evidence as reported, 1.5 miles west on Rt. U out of Blodgett, coming from Rt. H. This one puzzles me a bit, as I saw several Scissor-tails last weekend in NW Arkansas, and none were in similar habitat. This one is on a phone wire above short trees, with a starkly-bare plowed field across the road. Perhaps there is a nest, and that nest was built while the field was in a crop? I’ve seen them usually near a plowed meadow environment.

Ida Domazlicky
Cape County

ABA Birding Code of Ethics
http://www.aba.org/about/ethics.html
ASM Fall Meeting: September 28-30, 2018 in Columbia